The mouth organ, more commonly called the harmonica, is a type of reed wind musical instrument played with the mouth by inhaling into the holes along the mouthpiece. The reed present in the mouth organ is made of bronze, brass or stainless steel. This is why, to play the harmonica, inhaling & exhaling strongly is required.
There are different types of harmonica or mouth organs, including diatonic, chromatic, tremolo, octave, orchestral, and bass versions. The different types of harmonica instruments can be heard in a wide range of musical genres, encompassing country, rock, pop, folk, jazz, and even classical. Today, mouth organs are also popular in solo performances.
- Helps in developing a strong diaphragm: Mouthorgan is a musical instrument which is played by the mouth. Playing of mouth organ is similar to practicing a breathing exercise as while you play this instrument you blow air. The breathing in and out during the instrument is played is done in a systematic way to produce rhythms and so it helps in developing a strong diaphragm.
- Is a good accompaniment for respiratory treatments: There are no proven answers or examples which could say that mouthorgan is a good accompaniment for respiratory treatments. But for so long people have been believing in this because to play mouthorgan you need to blow and draw air. This process of playing the instrument opens the lungs and lets your respiratory system become stronger. There have been people who have got rid of their chest infections and congestion just by practicing similar stuff.
- Regulates blood pressure: Playing a musical instrument is always relaxing and when you play a mouthorgan it can make your respiratory system stronger. All these things affect your overall health by regulating your heart rate along with your blood pressure.
- Reduces stress and relieves anxiety: You would have always heard that music is the best way to relax and heal yourself. While you play mouthorgan, you can feel relaxed and calm which would reduce your anxiety and stress. So, if you ever face any such kind of problems, make sure to be the part of music family and get rid of stress and anxiety.
- Promotes self-expression and builds self-confidence: Music is a way of expressing your feelings. When you choose to play mouthorgan it becomes much easier for you to express your feeling through the musical tone that you would produce. While you continue to play mouthorgan, you gain a sense of self-confidence which lets you flaunt your talent on the stage, in shows and everywhere else.
Are you ready to learn one of the coolest musical instruments? Join the Mouth Organ course at Oak Groves and master the instrument with guidance from the experts!
- An interest to learn.