The violin is a type of stringed instrument with a small & hollow wooden body. Also called a fiddle, violines are the smallest and the highest-pitched among the violin family. There’s usually four to five strings in a violin, which are generally played with a wooden bow.
The very first violin can be traced back to 16th century Italy, and was later modified into the modern form throughout the 18th and 19th centuries. It was primarily predominant in the classical musical schools of Europe, and served as the inspiration for the development of several later stringed instruments popular in Western classical music, including the viola. The instrument still dominates the western classical music stage in ensemble performances, as in orchestras & chamber music, as well as in solo performances and accompanying piano.
Today, the violin has been adopted as a major musical instrument across a wide variety of genres other than Western classical musical traditions. These include folk music , country, jazz, fusion, pop, indie, etc. The instrument has found its way in several non-Western musical cultures as well, such as Iranian and Indian music traditions.
- The instrument is extremely easy to learn and beginner-friendly: Violin is a great instrument and leaves a very soothing sound when it is played. This instrument is not very difficult to learn, and if you are a beginner in the music industry then the violin is a good option to start with.
- Cultivates mind-body coordination: Most musical instrument helps in letting you coordinate better. When you play the violin, you try to coordinate between your mind and body so that you can produce the correct rhythm.
- Boosts memory: Anything that can soothe your mind and improve your mental health can boost your memory. So, what can be a better option than learning a musical instrument like the violin? You can enjoy several health benefits and also stand out from the crowd.
- Relieves anxiety and calms down nerves: Music heals, and so when you play the violin you can feel relaxed and calm. This will keep you away from all kinds of anxiety and stress. Because of all these qualities, people usually prefer to learn the violin and make it their hobby.
- Promotes self-expression: What can be more expressive than music? If you are unable to express your feelings then don’t worry the tunes of your violin will express all that you have in your heart.
- Builds confidence: When you learn skills like playing the violin, you get to perform on stage, in between groups and in crowds. This automatically enhances and builds confidence in any individual as you feel different from the rest of the people.
- Offers great career opportunities as a professional musician: If you know art, you will surely be able to survive. Art is something that will last forever and so if you learn violin today, you can make a career in this field by opening your academy or working in any institution.
Are you willing to learn violin from the experts? Join Online Violin course at Oak Groves and discover your hidden talent today! Turn your dream into reality here at Oak Groves!
- An interest to learn.